So, you have just bought the latest and biggest TV there is in the market, chances are, you need assistance in setting it up especially the antenna.
Here are the common and frequently asked questions (FAQs) when setting up a cable TV antenna at home.
What is the best type of antenna for me?
Choosing the right antenna for you depends on a lot of factors. Most important is you know the type of antenna that’s compatible with your TV. You must also consider your location and its proximity to a transmission tower. If you are far from one, you must choose a high-powered antenna to get the best reception. Learn more details.
What are the types of cable TV antenna?
Your antenna may be indoor or outdoor. It can be digital or analogue, very-high frequency or ultra-high frequency, and uni-directional or multi-directional. These types are determined by different functions or features of the antenna.
Also Read: How Much Does TV Antenna Installation Costs?
Can I install my antenna by myself?
There are simple antennas that you can easily install by yourself such as an indoor antenna. However, for your safety and for accurate installation, it is best to always ask for a professional technician to do it for you.
How can I install my cable TV antenna by myself?
If there are no other options and you only need to do a simple repair, you can do so with the following precautions:
- Survey the area thoroughly. Check out for possible safety hazards. Check the weather too.
- Prepare the tools you need beforehand. Bring just enough and not too much just so you can safely climb up and down your ladder.
- Use the best, most sturdy ladder you can get your hands on.
- Assemble your antenna on the ground so you do not have climb up and down a number of times.
- Have a spotter or helper on top to have another point of view and to warn you of possible hazards that you can’t see from your point of view.
- Read the instruction manual carefully.
- Make sure you wear the right work clothes and shoes for the job. They must not be fire-hazard or get slippery when wet.
- Clear the area where you will install your antenna and pick a spot where you can receive the best signal possible.
Check the detailed guide here.
When do I call a professional technician for help?
You can always call a professional technician for simple tasks as installation to more complicated works for your antenna. These may include the relocation of a previously installed antenna, if there is a signal loss, if your antenna needs repair or if antenna parts need replacement, or if there are natural disasters that displaced or destroyed the antenna you have at home.
Why do I have to call a professional technician for help?
There are a lot of reasons why you need to leave the installation, repair, and maintenance of your antenna to professionals, one of which is your personal safety, and this should be a good enough reason for you to pick up the phone and call the professional technicians.
There are other great reasons why you need a professional technician to handle your cable TV antenna concerns, these are:
- You are guaranteed professional servicing for your cable TV antenna.
- You will get the best possible antenna reception/signal.
- The services that the cable TV antenna installation company are reliable, fast, accurate, and most importantly, safe because they follow industry standards.
- There are fewer chances of repeat work or servicing.
- They usually come with add-on services like free follow-up maintenance, efficient customer service, and reachable technical support.
How do I contact a professional cable TV antenna installer?
Your friendly neighbourhood cable TV antenna licensed technician is just one phone call away. Research the best cable TV antenna installation company in your area. Sydney Cabling caters to the main suburbs in GSW, Sydney. Simply book an appointment when you call. The company will then assign a ticket and have a technician survey your area prior to installation or repair.
The technician will then schedule the date for installation or repair that is most convenient for you and you can just sit back and relax and wait for the best TV signal reception for the latest and biggest TV you just bought. It is that easy!
Sydney Cabling is your friendly neighbourhood cable TV antenna licensed technician that caters to the majority of Sydney suburbs. Book your appointment now for a fuss-free TV antenna installation or repair and maintenance.